Monday, April 7, 2014

Well, I'm FINALLY done with this quilt! What a pain in the you know what it's been getting it done. The pattern for the blocks came from Missouri Star Quilt Co. Jenny did a tutorial on it not long ago. It's called the disappearing pinwheel #2...churn dash style. The block was pretty easy to construct, but the fabric I was working with was all donated poly/cotton blend, so it stretches a lot. GRRRR! Then I just couldn't bring myself to work on it. I just didn't like it. I finally figured out why, too. It was too dull! Even though it's all blues, it's Civil War blues, which just don't appeal to me. As I said, they are just too dull for my taste, I like vibrant, stand out colors. I made this one for the local Precinct Watch Program to raffle off at the County Fair this week. What a time for Queenie to go down too! I had to go over to Virginia's & "borrow" Miss Mabel to quilt it. Got it home & got the binding all done today. Ready to deliver tomorrow. I hope we raise a lot of money with it.

No comments: