Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Treadle machines

The other day when I dropped off those first quilts of the new year, my customer & I were discussing treadle sewing machines.  My BFF just acquired 2 of them & I was interested in one. Come to find out, she has 3 of them!  I took the serial numbers off of two of them & inquired to Singer about them. One came back as having been manufactured July 22, 1014 in Elizabeth, NJ. It's just about to have it's 100 birthday! And, better yet, it works beautifully!  My customer is in her mid 70's & is looking to get rid of some of her stuff that's taking up space...including these machines! I may be getting a treadle here soon. Don't really know where I'm going to put it, but I'm not going to let it sit & just be a piece of furniture, I want to use it!
Question...do any of you have treadle machines that you use??

No comments: