Saturday, September 26, 2015

Well, surprise! Surprise! I'm actually getting caught up on the blog!

I actually bit the bullet & used metallic thread on a quilt. I'd always thought it would have been one of my own first, but it wound up being a customer's quilt.  I was a little intimidated by metallic thread, but I believe in my Glide thread, so I took a deep breath & went for it!
  My customer is fairly new to quilting, but not sewing. She was an instructor for fashion sewing for many years, consequentially, she can definitely think outside of the box! Her ideas are incredible, but her execution needs quite a bit of work. I'm guiding her as we go along because I see some major awards in her future. Anyway, her quilt was poofy in spots, points didn't match closely, & of course, wavy borders. Not too bad on the borders though, she's improving.   
Here's some pics of how it finished up.
The light lines are actually silver bias tape sewn down. She also used a chiffon type lame cloth in the diamonds, which can be very stretchy. I did manage to get it to lay down, but it sure wasn't easy!


Post a Comment