Saturday, March 1, 2014

Well, here's a funny story! See this panel?
It was part of my Christmas present from my friend, Judy. I couldn't find it amongst all the fabric she sent me at Christmas time & she ordered a 2nd one that was sent directly to me. A couple of days ago I was working on the circle quilt behind this panel. First of all, I couldn't find the black fabric. I went searching the studio for it. In my search, I came across the panel. Oh! There it is! I'd forgotten about it. Judy had decided that we would make them into wallhanging for each other & do a Christmas in July exchange. OK, move this further up the "to do" list. I set it aside & continued on my search of my black fabric. I found it & proceeded to work on the circle quilt. I had pulled some fabrics out for the border & started cutting. One of the fabrics was a dark green batik which needed ironing. When I opened it up to iron, what did I find? The original missing panel! Yep, hiding inside another piece of fabric! So, I called Judy to give her a good chuckle. I asked her what I was supposed to do with this 2nd panel. Her immediate response was "Send it to Deb!" Now we're cooking with ideas. What we've come up with is a round robin with the three of us. The first person will design & make the wallhanging for their own sewing area. Add block, borders, whatever. We have 1 month to accomplish this. Then we mail to the next person who will quilt it. (All 3 of us have longarms.) Also have 1 month to accomplish this. Then the 3rd person will embellish it in a months time & send it back to the one who started it to keep.  With 3 very creative minds, it's going to be interesting to see how all three of these come out! Stay tuned for the ongoing saga!

No comments: