Sunday, August 9, 2020

 It's been a very long time since I've been on my blog. with the pandemic having hit this world, more and more people have taken to the internet to learning things. I have been thinking that it's high time I resurrect my blog & start interacting with the quilting world that I love and maybe share some of my knowledge with you of what I'm doing, how I'm accomplishing it or how I did it (if it was past tense), etc.

So, where to start? Well, first of all, I'm working on two projects. 1) Afternoon Delight. This quilt is a Sue Garman pattern that she designed.  Totally scrappy, it's a Block of the Month being done by the Quilt Show and headed up by Barbara Black. If you've never taken a class from her, please do, you'll learn a lot, she's an awesome teacher! 2) Jesse's Gem. This is an English Paper Pieced project. One that I can take with me to the Dr.'s office waiting room, etc.

Afternoon Delight has 64 double 9-patch blocks, 9 Shoo Fly blocks and 40 applique blocks. Well, that's what the pattern calls for anyway. If anyone knows me, they know that I'm not one to follow ALL the directions! I'm painting my applique blocks. That's right, I said painting my block. In the coming days I'll show you another of my quilts that I took liberty on the pattern that turned out different from the original.

I'm still longarming. I love custom work, but simple works for every day quilts too. As I go along I'll catch you up on some of the quilts that you've missed since I've not been posting.

Stay tuned! I'll be back shortly! 

No comments: